Sunday, January 27, 2013

Self-imposed Responsibilities

That's Hunter S. Thompson to you, sirs
have always been the drill. For a last-born it's almost delusional, if not baseless. Nobody told me to do anything for anyone. So perhaps it's the inner, restless, meaning-hungry black hole in me talking.

They tell you no one else really knows what they're doing, or that everyone else is thinking of what you think of them, or themselves. JGL explaining 500 Days of Summer that way says everything I ever need to say about all of our stupid inner worlds.

I get these spells sometimes, usually right after a crisis, so I don't know if I should really trust what I'm feeling. After all, right after the smoke cleared (basically when Saturday hit), I realized it was so easy to switch off.

I get a text in the middle of planning my grand escape by a batch mate looking for a part-time job because business wasn't doing so well. Not sure what to make of it (although will definitely see what I can do to help), if it's a sign or what. Of what, I don't know. I'm the great over-thinker.

Needless to say, I've just watched The Rum Diary, which is a pretty good film for what in the end would be a totally failed enterprise. As with life, it's really the failures that keep you going. You just need to know how to take them.

No comments: