Sunday, March 14, 2010

Accidentally, Cheese

Cheese is mutated butter and history has it the temperatures affronting traveling camels bearing butter-peddling nomads gave the world its first taste of these divine milk products.

The conference I went to did not feature cheese platters as I kinda hoped it would (like it did two years ago, according to sources) but during the weekend of that same trip to San Francisco, I've been taken to Napa Valley where we tasted wines and gawked at legions of cheese chunks just waiting to be smelled, touched, and tasted.

As for the wines, the only one I distinctly remember the taste of was Muscat, although video documentations suggest I pretty much appreciated everything presented to us.

As for the cheese, see this (a video of three clips taken one minute apart, in which I used elementary terms to verbalize my unadulterated joy at seeing all these cheeses on display) to get an idea of just how much cheese there was over at V. Sattui.

Next few posts will be about which cheeses I bought.

Cheese references:
If you're free Monday, bring some wine, and I just might be able to share the joy of many cheeses (just 6, really) at that place you and I know.


(Note on August 12, 2012: This was originally posted on my Tumblr.  I'm doing some online housekeeping and I figured I'd leave my Tumblr out of the drama and corral introspective shit here. I left my blog last August of 2009 but I've reemerged somewhere between that and this.)

No comments: