Sunday, January 3, 2010

Resolutions, Again

But this time, only those I can conceivably achieve:
  • Be honest first, polite second.
  • Watch my self-talk. They're dangerous and they waste time.
  • Travel to more places with trees, mountains, beaches, maybe Buddhist monasteries.
  • Watch more. I don't believe in other people's lists but where do I begin? Too many movies. Will start with this.
  • Read more. I've recently adopted the stupid stance of not reading other people's fictions but now I think that's a poverty mindset. Stories abound! Therefore, will finish reading the muddied fictions at the garage before retiring them for good.
  • Write often so I can submit 2 stories (ayan ha may number na ewan ko na lang) to 2 different Filipino literary magazines. Should be done by end of Q1.
  • Finish Tagalog story I'm working on and see where it will go. Should be done by end of Q2.
  • Learn to drive. For everybody's sake. If I can't be useful elsewhere I should at least be able to bring people to places. (Corollary: maybe buy that second-hand car from the brother's guy pal.)
  • Work out. Yoga this year. The resolution is to not miss a session.
  • Meet more people. Say yes to stuff again.
Wow, I hit ten. That's enough for now. Onto real hard-core writing!


(Note on August 12, 2012: This was originally posted on my Tumblr.  I'm doing some online housekeeping and I figured I'd leave my Tumblr out of the drama and corral introspective shit here. I left my blog last August of 2009 but I've reemerged somewhere between that and this.)

No comments: