Sunday, November 18, 2007

Tag-hags

I've been tagged twice for this (here and here) so I guess it's as good an excuse as any to pick up the blogging habit again. Update: last we've seen each other was the week before the trip to Bohol, so there were looming deadlines that could not be ignored, and backlogs that needed attention, and so one of these days I'm posting pictures and things about Panglao, but for the meantime, weekends are for vegetating.

Seven Things You Don't Know But I Do:
  1. I think too much for my own good. (And already someone in the audience is yelling Tell us something we didn't know, bitch.) But no, there's simple over-analyzing and there's endless second-guessing and self-doubt and the hints of an inner perfectionist that keeps me inches away from the kind of life I would like to have for myself: namely the kind of life where you just cruise along, baby. But I'm learning to get out there, haven't we already said that? Yes, thank you, world.
  2. I once did my brother a good turn and built him a Web site. I don't know what's happened to it now although I'm guessing the guestbook is getting a lot of spam. He's much like the up-and-coming entrepreneurs the magazines keep talking about: impatient, driven, visionary. The only thing we have in common is that we both hate the corporate arena.
  3. I just look big at 5'5''. But I'm pretty lean, really, and objectively speaking, my legs are shorter than they should be.
  4. I quit smoking when I read somewhere that it took 12 years for a cigarette butt to biodegrade.
  5. My life dreams include being able to eat sushi at whim and getting hand aches when I don't write enough.
  6. I get butt-naked scared when people from the team nag me (or tease me or harass me) about reading the book I've written. It's been done for an entire year now but I just can't bring myself to let other people see it because when I try to read it again I keep finding something wrong with it. Can you imagine how my kids are going to turn out? They'll have major issues with me, man. I can feel it.
  7. I don't have opinions about cloning animals yet and I can't explain why it feels wrong so I'll end it at that and I hope that's enough for the time being.
And I'm tagging the cutest thing on earth BECAUSE I CAN.
Mood: awake

No comments: